Sunday, January 2, 2011

Colin's First Christmas

It was such a joy to have Colin with us this Christmas. We did a lot of traveling that made us very tired, but it was worth it to get to see family. We went up to my grandparents house in Virginia, and then came back on Christmas Eve in time to go to Glenn's grandma's house. We spent Christmas day at Glenn's parent's house. The day after Christmas we got 13 inches of snow at his parent's house! We got together with my parents the Monday after Christmas to have dinner and exchange gifts.

Colin was very interested in the Christmas tree lights and the tissue paper this Christmas.

Before we started our traveling, we gave Colin his first present. We have a play mat that we have borrowed from a friend. She's pregnant so we'll soon be having to give it back. So we thought this would be a good gift for Colin. I love his bed head look in this picture!

He got several books which I'm excited about because I enjoy reading to him. This one that he is getting ready to open was Guess How Much I Love You. Love that book!

I loved this bib. However I must admit that this was not entirely true. Colin was not always jolly this Christmas. Poor thing had a cold and his third ear infection. Thankfully, we have been to the ENT and he is getting tubes soon. I can't wait for him to feel better!

We can't wait for many more Christmases to come with Colin. We are excited to be able to share with him why we celebrate Christmas.

"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6




No comments:

Post a Comment