Monday, February 14, 2011

5 Months Old


I feel like I say the same thing every month, but man, time sure is flying!!! Colin was 5 months old on February 7, but it seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. He is growing so much, so fast. He is rolling over from his tummy to his back. He is making more sounds and experimenting a lot with his voice. When he gets upset and is starting to cry he says "mama", but I know he has no idea what that means or who that is at this point. He still is not sleeping good. We are getting up 2 times a night, most nights. He has been sick since he was a month old, and is still sick. We took him to the doctor right around his 5 month birthday because he started coughing so hard he was throwing up. That lasted about a week and still occasionally he has a bad coughing spell. We've got albuterol syrup to help with the cough. Unfortunately, he is still very congested. He sounds like a pig when he breaths because he is so stopped up. I really think it's allergies since it's lasted this long, but they say there is nothing we can give him for that until he is 6 months old. So I'm hoping that at his 6 month check-up we can get some allergy medicine to try. All that to say, I'm hoping that when he finally kicks this "cold" he will start sleeping better. He loves his bouncy seat and has really started to like his taggie blanket. I'm wondering since he doesn't take a pacifier if he will want to take this little blanket everywhere. He is still doing good with solid foods. I'm hoping to start introducing vegetables this weekend. I think I'm going to start with sweet potatoes and see how it goes. I love my little boy. I wanted trade my sleep deprived life for anything! Here are a few 5 month pictures. Enjoy!

Baby Recognition Sunday at our church.

I thought this was a funny shot! Spread eagle! :)



1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie!! I can't believe he's already 5 months old!

    ReplyDelete